As in the song "Lawyers In Love" we have a land, a nation with too many in high places willing to do anything for money neglecting people, honor and principle but a change is coming. No more falling for the lie of living only individualistic and independent lives leaving us divided and conquerable by powerful special interests but a people, a nation collaborating for the greater common good in various groups all across the nation. A land of people working together to help one another with a vision moreover as Jesus would have us be. Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Kindness....something about another Land. The change is coming

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Sobering Thanksgiving Thought

This Thanksgiving be thankful for the example of the character and fortitude of a young nation unwilling to fearfully throw out it's most cherished principles and beliefs in the face of external threat and overwhelming odds. Earnestly pray to God that one day we will somehow and someway rediscover such character once again and if Benjamin Franklin was right in saying " a nation willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserves neither liberty nor security" then this thanksgiving a prayer to God for grace will be a good one.

1 comment :

David Wilson said...

does Grace come to nations or to individuals? I would say individuals - even though this too is a myth, we change identities as we grow leaving the old ones behind like snake-skin eh?

when I came to Brasil I started giving up my Canadian identity, and the recent murders by the RCMP there with the 'official' explanations so obviously at odds with the facts, make me glad that this has happened, when I was a boy I thought Canada was the greatest nation, "The true north strong and free", but it is simply no longer the case

and my identity as a Christian hangs by a thread, I cannot any longer endorse, even by my presence at worship of a Sunday, the denomination I grew up in

Thanksgiving is not celebrated here, due in part to a more-or-less constant harvest, but there is a continual joy and happiness which can be seen even among the very poor - so I am letting myself learn how to share in that

be well.