As in the song "Lawyers In Love" we have a land, a nation with too many in high places willing to do anything for money neglecting people, honor and principle but a change is coming. No more falling for the lie of living only individualistic and independent lives leaving us divided and conquerable by powerful special interests but a people, a nation collaborating for the greater common good in various groups all across the nation. A land of people working together to help one another with a vision moreover as Jesus would have us be. Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Kindness....something about another Land. The change is coming

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Romney Campaign Running On Pure Grace

To most political observers it should be fairly obvious that Mitt Romney's campaign for president is on life support. It is week by week positioning itself as a political phantom. My analysis of this is that with a nearly guaranteed minority he has little or no chance of getting the Republican nomination even though the Obama campaign is running a ruse to the contrary.
Why not Romney? There is a solid wandering in the wilderness mass, 74% of Republican primary voters, that will not support him. They will light anywhere except on Romney and we all have a fairly good idea of why that is, his relatively moderate position on issues and the Christian right's correct view of Mormonism as a cult. Because of this his relevant presence as a real nominee is hanging by a thread dependent on both Perry and Cain tanking and no other nominee rising and the latter is no longer an option or so they say. Now Romney could become guerilla militant extreme right Republican and with the garbage Cain and some of the others are getting away with and the Republican debate crowd reactions I wouldn't be surprised but beyond that I don't think he can pull it, so...

The likely scenario: as soon as Cain stumbles enough times the wandering mass will finally light on Perry. That of course is contingent on the fact that Perry and his campaign will carefully buoy him back up. Perry has 15 million to campaign on so it is just a matter of time. You might say the nomination is Perry's to lose and even if he doesn't do the buoying up as I say he should still be the recipient of Cain's eventually disappearing support. Then again if Cain should maintain his lead, develop a campaign strategy and come up with millions in donations it in no way benefits Romney.
Republicans are very good at lining up for their eventual candidate so when and if this race comes down to two leaders Romney and Perry or Romney and Cain the dependable 25% will still be with Romney and where will the majority of the other 75%be?

The only real logic I can see for the Democratic strategy pretending to prematuraly present Romney with the nomination is so that the Republican primary voters will be more inclined to support Perry giving the Obama campaign the real constrast it desires in the gift of George W. Bush II aka Rick Perry, the following governor of Texas.

I wrote off Barack Obama with an article before he was elected so America surprised me and I'm glad they did. This time and in this regard I don't think it matters.
Post a Comment